Our Wish List
Donations of goods, both new and used, help keep our costs down and are immediately used in our facility, and in our community programs, to help homeless pets. Help us show our pets that wishes can come true! Donations can be brought to our Adoption Center at any time during business hours! Feel free to ask our reception staff if you would like a donation receipt.
To see exactly what items our shelter is currently in need of, visit the Humane Society of Pinellas’ Amazon Smile: Charity List!
Download a condensed list of items we need: Wish List 2019.
· Paper towels, toilet paper and napkins.
· Bleach and liquid laundry detergent.
· Mops, brooms, buckets, etc… (new only please)
· Clean towels, flat sheets, pillowcases and blankets.
· Trash and contractor bags.
· Cat litter (clumping, clay and recycled, such as Yesterday's News).
· Unopened pet food (we feed Science Diet in-house, all brands for our food programs). We cannot accept opened food for our pets, but these donations will be given to wildlife rehabilitators.
· Office supplies (paper reams, pens, Sharpies, staplers, etc.).
· Reusable grocery bags.
· Sweaters and jackets for dogs (medium, large and XL). No costumes please, just things to keep them warm!
· Thunder Shirts (medium, large and XL)
· Dog and cat toys, especially plush/stuffed toys.
· Hanging cat scratch pads (unused).
· Dog and cat treats. Soft, training treats are preferred.
· High-value training treats: hot dogs, cheese, chicken, etc.
· New or unused treat pouches.
· KONGs and other puzzle feeder toys.
· Nylabone toys.
· Zuke's Dog Training treats.
· Leashes, collars and walking equipment such as Petsafe's Easy Walk Harness, 3-in-1 Harness, and Gentle Leader head halter. We are not in need of traditional, back-clip harnesses at this time.
· Saline, new syringes, packaged needles, E-collars, surgical drapes.
· IV poles
· Latex and non-latex gloves.
· PetAg KMR (Kitten Milk Replacer) and nursing bottles *please note, we only use KMR due to its higher nutritional quality
· Royal Canin BabyCat kitten food.
· Kitchen-grade ingredient scales.
· Thick, multi-colored hair elastics.
· Electric and microwave safe heating pads.
· Dawn dish soap.
· Baby food in meat flavors.
· Greenies Pill Pockets for dogs and cats.
*We're sorry, but legally we are not permitted to accept medications, especially those that require prescriptions. We will have to turn these donations away.
· Washers and dryers.
· Large and small refrigerators.
· Office furniture.
· Medical equipment (please contact us regarding what you have!)
*Please call us before donating large items to ensure we have both the need and space.
ITEMS WE CANNOT USE/ACCEPT
Please note that while we are appreciative, at this time, we cannot use or accept the following items:
· Prescription medications.
· Cat trees that are carpeted/upholstered.
· Wire and plastic dog crates.
· Mattresses or foam bedding.
· Paint (without prior approval).
· Biohazard containers.
· Clothing for humans.
· Computers (laptops, desktops, monitors, printers, etc…)
· Cardboard boxes, paper towel/toilet paper tubes, brown paper bags or newspapers (shredded or whole).
· Dog and cat bowls (ceramic and stainless, please no plastic).
· Hard or soft-sided cat carriers.
· Litter boxes
Want to donate something not on our Wish List? Please call our Adoption Center at (727) 797-7722 x230 to see if we can utilize the donation. If we can't use it, we may know someone who can!