Help us show our pets that wishes do come true! Physical donations can be brought to our Adoption Center any time during our business hours and our staff will be happy to provide you with a donation receipt upon request.
Looking for an easy way to donate? You can ship right our front door using our Amazon Smile or Chewy.com! To see exactly what items our shelter currently needs, visit the Humane Society of Pinellas’ Amazon Wish List or our Chewy Charity List!
When sending us an item through Amazon, please ship to:
Humane Society of Pinellas
3040 State Road 590
Clearwater, FL 33759
We want to make sure we thank you when you send donations from our Amazon Wish List! Be sure to check “this is a gift” before you place the order so Amazon sends your info along with the donations. Otherwise, we will receive your donation but not your information.
Shop our wish lists on Amazon:
Kitten Shower Registry
Shelter Needs Wish List
Pet Food Pantry Needs
Personal Protection Equipment
You can also pick something from Our HSP Wish List and buy it any store convenient to you!
Types of Donations
Physical donations both new and gently used help us to keep our costs down and ensure our animals have what they need to thrive in our facility as well as through our community programs.
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
- Furniture of any kind
- Foam Bedding or Mattresses
- Human Clothing
- Litter Boxes
- Plastic Dog and Cat Bowls
- Wire and Plastic Dog Crates
- Biohazard Containers
- Cat Carriers
- Cat Trees
- Medications or Prescriptions: legally we are not permitted to accept medications, especially those that require prescriptions
- Opened Pet Food: these donations will be given to wildlife rehabilitators
EVERYDAY SUPPLIES WE CAN ACCEPT
- Clean Bedding: sheets, pillowcases and blankets
- Cat litter: clumping, clay and recycled, such as Yesterday’s News
- Unopened Pet Food: Science Diet is fed in-house and all other brands are used for our food programs.
ENRICHMENT SUPPLIES WE CAN ACCEPT
- Cat Scratch Pads: new and unopened.
- Collars, Leashes, and Walking Equipment: such as Petsafe’s Easy Walk Harness, 3-in-1 Harness, and Gentle Leader head halter
- High-Value Training Treats: unopened peanut butter, hot dogs, cheese, chicken.
- Snuggle Safe Heating Pads
- Unused Toys: new plush and stuffed, puzzle feeders or dog and cat
- Treats: soft, training treats for dogs and cats are preferred
We’re sorry, however legally we are not permitted to accept medications, especially those that require prescriptions.
- Baby Food: meat flavors
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Greenies Pill Pockets: for dogs and cats
- Hair Elastics: thick, multi-colored only
- Heating Pads: electric and microwave safe only
- IV Poles
- Kitchen-Grade Ingredient Scales
- Latex and Non-Latex Gloves
- Nursing Bottles
- Package Needles and Syringes: new only
- PetAg KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement): blue container only
- Royal Canin BabyCat Kitten Food
- Surgical Drapes